The aim of Leonardo da Vinci Multilateral Projects “Transfer of Innovation” is to improve the quality of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the participating countries by transferring existing innovations to new legal, systemic, sector, linguistic, socio-cultural and geographic environments through working with transnational partners.
This project transferred a specific training programme of Museum Mediators created by Mapa das Ideias (Portugal). The transfer from Portugal to Italy, Spain, Denmark and Estonia involved:
- the comparing studies of the professional reality of Museum Education and Mediation services.
- the creation of a common training setting in order to create training and professional guidelines for Museum Mediators/ Educators in the European Union.
The project started 15-10-2012 and will end on 14-10-2014.
The results are:
- Assess training needs.
- Create training framework with European lecturers, interactive contents that deal with horizontal and specific issues in different national settings.
- 5 pilot training courses organised in each country.
- Technical publications and website.
- European Network of Museum Mediation and Education professionals.
- European Thinktank.
- Erasmus Mundus Master, based in the Polytechnic of Tomar.